Strategic financial management is a process that companies use to decide how to allocate their financial resources to achieve their long-term goals. Strategic financial management aims to create value for the company by maximizing its profits and minimizing its risks.
There are four fundamental principles of strategic financial management:
- Creating Value: Strategic financial management is about creating value for the company. The goal is to make decisions to increase the company's profits and minimize risks.
- Long-Term Orientation: Companies need to take a long-term view when making financial decisions. They should consider how their choices will impact the company's profitability and growth.
- Risk Management: Risk management is integral to strategic financial management. Companies must identify and assess their risks and implement mitigation strategies.
- Capital Markets: Understanding capital markets is essential for making sound financial decisions. Companies need to know how to raise capital, invest it wisely, and generate returns for shareholders.
Key Elements of Strategic Financial Management?
Strategic financial management is a process companies use to decide how to allocate their financial resources to achieve their business objectives. The key elements of strategic financial management include:
- Financial Planning and Budgeting: This involves setting financial goals, projecting future revenue and expenses, and creating a budget to achieve these goals.
- Financial Analysis: This involves reviewing and interpreting financial statements and other financial data to assess an organization's financial health and make informed decisions.
- Risk Management: This involves identifying and assessing financial risks and developing strategies to mitigate or manage those risks.
- Investment Management: This involves evaluating and selecting investments, monitoring and adjusting portfolios, and ensuring that investments align with financial goals.
- Working Capital Management: This involves managing short-term assets and liabilities to ensure the organization has sufficient liquidity to meet its obligations.
- Capital Budgeting: This involves evaluating and selecting long-term investments, such as new projects, equipment, or real estate.
- Treasury Management: This involves managing an organization's cash, debt, and credit.
- Performance Management: This involves setting performance targets, measuring and reporting performance, and using that information to improve.
- Corporate Finance: This involves raising and managing capital, managing the company's financial structure, and ensuring the company's financial stability.
These elements form the core of strategic financial management and are essential for ensuring an organization's financial success.
Implementing a Strategic Financial Management Plan
A few key steps need to be taken to implement a Strategic Financial Management Plan.
First, the company must establish financial objectives that align with the overall business strategy.
Next, a comprehensive analysis of the company's current financial situation should be conducted to identify any areas of opportunity or improvement.
After that, various financial strategies should be formulated and evaluated to choose the company's best course of action.
Finally, implementation and monitoring of the chosen strategy should be carried out on an ongoing basis.
Role of Technology in Strategic Financial Management
Technology has played a major role in the development of strategic financial management. Information systems have allowed managers real-time access to data and analytics that can help them make more informed decisions about where to allocate resources. In addition, technology has helped to automate many of the tasks associated with financial management, such as bookkeeping and budgeting. This has freed up time for managers to focus on more strategic tasks, such as planning for growth or responding to market changes.
Learn and Grow with Imarticus Learning:
CMA-certified professionals have higher career growth, earning potential, and high-profile job roles. Imarticus Learning is a silver category approved learning partner of IMA, USA and offers course in Certified Management Accountant. The course content is powered by GLEIM CMA® reviews the world’s #1 CMA content for over 40 years. Those eyeing to make a career in strategic financial management students get unlimited access to concept-focused study materials. With this course you get to become a successful certified management accountant get expert mentoring through extensive doubt-clearing sessions with 100% placement assistance.
The program is ideal for commerce undergraduates, graduates, MBAs, aspiring or qualified chartered accountants, and working professionals. To attain a CMA® certificate, the student must obtain a graduate degree and two years of work experience within seven years of passing CMA® exams.
56000+ Students Placed
24 LPA highest Salary
500+ Hiring Partners
450 Learning Hours
Exams are taken online at Prometric Centers located throughout India. Students can book their preferred exam day and slot for any testing windows listed on the website.
For further details, contact the Live Chat Support system or plan a visit to one of our training centres in Mumbai, Thane, Pune, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Delhi, Gurgaon, and Ahmedabad.