Over the past couple of years, the topic of Big Data has taken the form of quite the hot topic. This is basically because a new career has come up and it has so many more possibilities, which seemed impossible less than a decade ago. The Harvard Business School has already given the field of big data, its seal of approval by declaring it to be one of the sexiest careers of the 21st century. With this approval, the world not only took notice but also started taking up this field of big data with much furor.
There are quite a lot of facts about the field of that many of the data aspirants still are unaware about, so for the benefit of all of those, here’s a total list of amazing and impressive facts about big data.
- Presently the digital universe is made up of about 2.7 Zettabytes of data. One thing to note here is that the unit of Zettabyte was till data a very hypothetical concept, which was believed to never be able to be fulfilled. But today it has become quite the reality.
- In the year of 2011, the US Library of Congress ended up collecting up to 235 terabytes of data, which if translated in terms of the unit of megabytes, means about 235, 000 megabytes of data.
- The former President of America, Mr. Barrack Obama is said to have invested an amount of $200 million as a part of the investment of his administration in the various research projects continuing their work in Big Data.
- There is a study that was conducted, which reported that by the year 2020, the online business transactions between businesses as well as individuals would amount to about 450 billion transactions per day.
- The fact that Facebook has a huge number of enormous store houses which work as cold storage with huge turbines, is known to everyone. But did you know that Facebook is able to store, access and analyze more than 30+ petabytes of all the user generated data?
- About 90% of all the Hadoop data analytics tool users usually perform a lot of analytics on huge volumes of data and data sets, which was an impossible feat in the past. While many can analyze data today in a much greater detail, there are many others who can actually retain more.
- Google began to process about 20,000 terabytes, which is 20 petabytes of data per day in the year 2008. Today Google is actually able to answer about 40,000 queries per second today.
- YouTube which is currently become the newest workplace for all those amazing YouTubers out there, sees about 48 hours of new content being uploaded per minute of every day.
We at Imarticus Learning, offer big data certification courses, which helps data aspirants for grabbing opportunities in big data analytics field. To know more about contact our career advisors today.