We are living in a world where the transition has become the new normal. The on-going trends face major and minor changes on an everyday basis. The world is now moving from physical to a PHY-digital platform where a mix of physical features is brought together with digital features which makes the best use of physical resources in hand and technology.
The gig economy is no longer a vague and fancy concept as most of the jobs are going online. This is the time when you can sit at home and brush up your skills and then make money out of it from the convenience of sitting at home with a personal computer or laptop and an internet connection.
19 trending online work from home jobs to look for in 2020
People make a lot of money online. Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the physical job market has been affected to a major extent where people are either losing their jobs or are getting demoted or are made to face heavy pay cuts. But the work volume for people who were already working from the convenience of their homes has not been much affected. Given below is a list of online work from home jobs without investment:
- Online Surveys: Earning money by filling up surveys is the easiest way to earn money by working from home. You can take up to websites like Survey Junkie, Survey Monkey, Swagbucks, etc. and fill up various surveys available. Depending on your profile, you can earn from anywhere between $2 to $5 per hour by completing up various surveys. Online surveys are not only restricted to form filling. One can also review videos, various online games, etc. and earn money. The earnings would depend on the number of surveys you are willing to fill up in a day or a month.
- Meal Planning: Meal Planning has evolved as a new form of work from home where you can curate meals for people and charge them in return. Various factors come into play such as information related to various allergens, calorie counts of various food products, etc. A little research and you are good to go. This work from home option is best suited for people who are largely or even remotely associated with the fitness industry. Gym trainers and other professionals can earn additional income from meal planning but a normal person can also try their hands on it by suggesting various recipes along with the grocery needed.
- Blogging: You can make money via blogging. It takes some time to build the required audience base but if you have a knack towards writing then you can make your blog and share your writings and creations and also your point of view on different concepts and on-going issues. Building an audience is the key to monetize your blogs. Once you have built the base, you can monetize your blogs. Various blogging websites include Bluehost, WordPress, SiteGround, etc.
- Voiceover: The voiceover business is growing due to an abnormal increase in the volume of global content. Various videos have narrators explaining the events or scenes going on in the video. You can try your hands on this if you have a good voice and are good with voice modulations. You can refer to openings listed on the Back-Stage’s website or can search for relevant openings online.
- Online Tutoring: This time is the best time for all the online and home tutors out there. Also, if you are confident enough to teach a particular subject or multiple subjects for those cases, any other relevant skills or so, online tutoring is the best way to go about it. Education is the only industry that can survive all kinds of recessions as it never goes out of demand. Teaching online can make you a lot of money. You can either go ahead with private one-on-one tuitions using applications like Skype, Google Hangouts, etc. or can also conduct group classes using applications like Zoom, etc. Online tutoring is the best way to go if you want to make easy money.
- Tax-filing: The tax filing season is here and there is one thing we know for sure – People hate filing their taxes. You can take a basic online training on how to file taxes and then pitch to people charging a nominal cost for the same. This work from home option is seasonal and you will have to register yourself for the same but it can be a good option to earn an additional income when the season comes.
- Graphic Designing: The demand for graphic designers has increased drastically in recent times. People need graphic designers for their posters, business, and digital collaterals, websites, etc. Also, logo designing is one of the aspects of graphic design that pays well. You can charge anything between Rs.5000 to Rs.15000 for designing and customizing logos for various businesses and projects. You can train yourself in using popular Adobe Software like Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. and then pitch to various businesses. You can also use websites like Upwork, Fiverr, Freelancer, etc. to look for leads that can turn into potential clients. You can also work in a team where you can pitch clients who have graphic designing needs and then delegate the work within the team. Graphic Designers make a lot of money as the demand for work is quite high.
- Bookkeeping: Bookkeeping is a good option for people who have an accounting background be it relevant work experience or experience on the academic front. You don't need to be a certified accountant to become a bookkeeper. One can also learn basic bookkeeping from various courses which are easily available online. People who run small businesses generally are not looking for experts in the field but for someone who can keep track of the transactions with modesty and simplicity. Many businesses cannot afford a full-time bookkeeper so they go ahead with someone who can do this from their homes. This also saves them money and you also get a gateway to some extra money.
- Copywriting: Copywriting has become one of the most popular forms of working from home. Businesses generally don't hire full-time content writers but prefer to outsource and delegate their content needs. They generally get their promotional material prepared by any content writing agency or individual writers.
You can get yourself registered with any agency which specializes in content writing and delegates the work to various freelancers or you can directly pitch various businesses via e-mails or platforms like LinkedIn. Also, copywriting or ghost-writing can help you with earning a lot of money. It becomes quite convenient for you to manage your expenses if you are working with multiple small clients or writing in bulk for a single client.
- Virtual Assistant: Visual Assistants are those who take care of small activities related to businesses. This includes lead generation, answering e-mails, scheduling meetings and conferences, booking hotels and travel tickets, preparing itinerary for various employees of the company, basic data entry using Excel. Some people hire visual assistants for shopping too! Anybody with good organization skills can become a visual assistant. Various job portals have job listings for virtual assistants. You can apply to these openings.
- Translations: Jobs involving translations are a good option for those who know a second or third language. The world has indeed become a global village. This has led to multiple opportunities for people who are well-versed with more than one language. You can translate various documents, texts, videos and also e-books. Various translation software has proved to be faulty in the past. Therefore, the best way to go about it is the human way. No one can understand the linguistic nuance of various dialects better than humans. Translators can make decent money by translating documents.
- Video Production: The world has become all about videos. Digital content has become quite popular in modern times. If you are good at making videos, this can be your next money-making idea. Video content has gained a lot of popularity and is the next big digital game-changer. YouTube is the best place to make your videos go viral. You can also produce and edit various videos for different businesses and concerns. Different genres have different rates and you will be paid accordingly.
- Call center representatives: The BPO industry is slowly transitioning towards the online platform where various contractors can take up calls from customers from the convenience of their homes. BPOs and customer service departments are hiring contractual call center representatives who can easily work from home. Both voice processes and chat processes can be taken care of from home. This is bringing the next big change in ways a company functions.
- Online Product Selling: Selling is no longer a physical process. Selling does require persuasion but that can be done online too. You can take up a product from anywhere and sell it to anyone sitting in any corner of the world. Also, you can acquire some trending products from your local manufacturers and suppliers and sell them out to your target audience. Some people also drop-ship various products using websites like AliExpress via their websites. Dropshipping is a good way to earn money as you just have to manage the website and every other component of the shopping experience like the deliveries, logistics, etc. is taken care of by the supplier himself.
- Social Media Marketing: Social media marketing is one of the most popular jobs which you can do from home. Managing SEO, creating content and making various ads viral is just a small part of social media marketing. It is a very broad concept. You can use your huge follower base to get paid by advertising various products, services, content, and videos. You can also earn from sharing various posts, commenting on various posts, creating ads, etc. You can also take various online courses on social media marketing and then make the best use of it to earn money.
- Website Development: Website designing has become an easy task with the help of applications like Wix and Shopify. Coding is no longer necessary for building websites as websites with a simple user interface can be easily made using these applications. But businesses have to run operations and they don't have the time to design their websites all by themselves. They choose to outsource the development process. Website developers who use coding languages are paid more compared to the ones who design it using an app but both of these techniques are highly rewarding.
- Data Analysis: If you have a significant understanding of languages like R, Python, etc. you can make money but data analysis. Companies have to analyze huge sets of data regularly and they generally outsource it to consultants and contractors which reduces their burden and efforts. Data Analysts are well paid and are in demand in the current situation. Data Analysis is a highly rewarding job and can be also learned online.
- Copy Typing: One of the simplest ways to earn money by working online is copy typing. The agency you are enrolled in will provide you with images or PDF files which have to be typed and recreated. It is one of the easiest ways of earning online.
- Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate Marketing has emerged as one of the best and most influential sources of marketing in recent times. Here, your networking skills come into play. Your earnings would depend on how good you are with building a well-knit network which will ultimately turn out to be profitable. In the case of affiliate marketing, you can earn a certain amount of money by publicizing or promoting other company's products or services. Your amount of commission would either depend on the traffic your promotional post is bringing in or the number of conversions or sales done from your promotion. This has become a very popular means of working from home.
Working from home has a whole new meaning in the current scenario. There are other ways through which you can earn money sitting at home and the options are increasing with every passing day.
For more details about online work or online learning, feel free to visit - https://imarticus.org