While working on an application, one generally wonders who is responsible for it. The first thought that comes to our mind is a web developer. However, it is not the right answer.
The person responsible for developing the application is a full-stack developer. Even though it is an umbrella term for people who develop full-fledged applications, they uphold tons of responsibilities.
As of now full-stack developers are touted with highly skilled coding and can fix any kind of problem thrown at them. In this article, we will learn about what is full-stack web development, who is a full-stack developer and who is an ideal candidate for it.
What is Full-Stack Development?
Developers who are specialised in full-stack development i.e, being well versed with both the frontend and backend of software or applications are full-stack developers. They are primarily involved in handling tasks related to programming, designing and debugging websites and also managing databases. Full stack development requires the developer to determine the look, feel and functionality of an application.
Full stack development is a demanding job that poses a bright scope in the future across the world. Hence, if you are interested in becoming a full-stack developer, you might have to undergo some critical training and become an expert in different coding languages.
Responsibilities of a Full-Stack Developer
The job of a full-stack developer is not that easy; they have to perform certain responsibilities to give themselves a competitive advantage in the industry.
A few responsibilities include -
- Creating servers and databases: The systems developed by the developers should be resilient to outages is one of the primal duties of a full-stack developer. These systems must function endlessly is the sole responsibility of the developers.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: The full-stack developer must ensure that the applications should run smoothly on all operating systems like Linux, Windows and macOS.
- API Development: The developer is solely responsible for API architecture. Depending on the application architecture, these APIs are designed to provide concrete data from the servers.
- Fulfilling all technical and consumer requirements: The key responsibility of the developer is to build a robust responsive application and meet all customer needs and engagement.
Who Are the Ideal Candidates for Taking Up a Full-Stack Developer Course?
Full-stack developer courses might seem cumbersome if you are not well-versed with the front and back end of the application primarily. It requires a specific amount of skill set to become a successful full-stack developer. They are:
To Have a Clear Idea of Front and Back-End Frameworks
Knowing about Database Management Systems
An ideal candidate for taking up a full-stack developer course should have a clear concept to perform Relational mapping that will fetch data from the database. Some popular languages used for Database Management Systems (DBMS) are MySQL, SQL, MongoDB and Oracle database.
Additionally, the ideal candidate should have a clear understanding of GitHub, Subversion, Heroku and Microsoft Azure. This would help them to manage project files, keep track of things they are working on, deploy products on cloud service providers etc.
Having Impeccable Soft Skills
Since we are talking about an ideal candidate who is willing to take up a full-stack developer course, then it is pivotal that they also possess some basic soft skills. They are:
- Being Creative: The candidate must understand the objectives of the product and create the product to enhance customer engagement.
- Able to do strategic planning: Being able to plan is another of the important soft skills required by the candidate. They should possess an optimal aptitude for design, development and implementation phases strategically to streamline the procedure seamlessly.
- Having Analytical Skills: A candidate must possess the ability to analyse proper information accurately and make logical as well as data-driven decisions. This would further help in maximising efficiency.
- Having problem-solving skills: This is a crucial skill needed by the candidate to take up a front-end developer course. They should be able to predict any error and develop a seamless bug-free application. However, this should be created from a business perspective to ensure the smooth conduction of tasks.
- Being efficient with time management: The candidate should be efficient with their time management skill and can meet the deadline and produce top-notch quality hand in hand.
Becoming a full-stack developer comes with its own set of perks. However, there are certain drawbacks to it as well. The coursework of a full-stack developer is lengthy and cumbersome and aspirants often get bored and leave the course.
However, if you want to learn data structures and algorithms and get a postgraduate full-stack developer certification, check out Imarticus Learning's Full Stack Developer Pro course. The program provides you with a guaranteed job assurance. If you tick the above list of skills of being an ideal candidate, check out their website, right away!