A-Z of building the right skills to enter the financial services and capital markets
The financial services and capital markets are complex, ever-changing, and can be intimidating for those looking to enter the industry. If you're looking to enter the financial services and capital markets, you must have the right skills. Therefore we bring this post to help you identify the skills needed and learn how to build them.
Identify the skills needed
You must identify the necessary skills to succeed in financial services and capital markets.
- Financial Services Skills: You should understand how money works, how banks make loans and other investments, and how they help businesses grow. You should also understand accounting principles such as cash flow analysis, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Capital Markets Skills: If you work in this field, then it's likely that your role involves developing business plans for new companies or helping existing ones raise funds from investors.
Capital and financial markets fundamentals
- Investors can buy, sell and trade securities such as stocks, bonds, and currencies in capital markets. The capital market is of two primary components: debt and equity. Debt refers to the money borrowers need to finance their assets, while equity refers to ownership stakes held by individuals or companies when they invest in businesses.
- Financial markets: These include everything related to investing money as well as how it works financially within an economy—including commercial lending (such as mortgages), foreign exchange trading (the buying or selling of one currency versus another) and derivatives contracts (financial instruments that allow you to profit from changes in prices).
Technology fluency is one of the essential skills for financial services and capital markets professionals. The technology you use to run your business is constantly changing, so you must be able to adapt and stay up to date. You'll also need to use new technologies as they become available to improve customer experience and provide better service.
Communication and presentation skills
Communication and presentation skills are important if you want to be a financial services professional. You will need to be able to communicate with a range of people in different situations and ages. You can improve your communication skills by learning how others present information through public speaking or presentation coaching courses.
There are many aspects to financial markets, but they all have the same goal: making money. What's different is how they go about it. The best way to get started is with a course or micro-degree in one of these areas to begin your career on the right foot and build up experience through training courses or internships at firms with relevant training programs.
Explore financial services and capital markets course with Imarticus Learning
Students will learn about investment banking, capital markets, risk management, and fintech through our course on financial services and capital markets. The leading business school developed this rigorous six-month program at IIM Lucknow.
This capital markets certification course would benefit middle managers with experience who wish to relaunch their careers in finance.
Course Benefits For Learners:
- As part of this financial services management course, students may network with their classmates and industry professionals.
- The students will understand critical concepts, including investment banking, capital markets, risk, and fintech.
- Capital market training courses teach students all they need to know about the financial sector and its operations.
Contact us through chat support, or drive to our training centers in Mumbai, Thane, Pune, Chennai, Bengaluru, Delhi, Gurgaon, or Ahmedabad.