Chartered accountants are considered as one of the most sought after professionals in the finance industry and becoming one can expose you to a lot of job opportunities. These opportunities extend to lucrative careers in the Global Investment Banking sector, but they often get passed over for people who have additional skill-sets to meet the requirements of these global IB firms.
To bridge this gap, Imarticus Learning has introduced the CIBIF (Certified Investment Banking International Finance Professional) program with the purpose of imparting knowledge and training that will enable them to successfully enter field of Investment Banking.
This course is structured for candidates who have completed or are pursuing CA, ICWA or CS and want to work in areas of Financial Control, Product Control, Financial Planning & Analysis & Corporate Treasury in the Investment Banking industry. CIBIF is designed to be industry relevant in Corporate Finance for Investment Banking, which will create a distinct advantage over other general finance professionals. To facilitate the training program, a wide range of industry experts from highly reputed organizations will share their expertise and knowledge and provide guidance to the students.
This unique and specialized course is scheduled to begin from November, 2012. It is a comprehensive 3-month program which will enable students to gain in-depth knowledge of Global Investment Banking and Capital Markets, Securities & Derivatives industry, Global Accounting & Reporting Standards, Balance Sheet Forecasting and Analysis, Corporate Treasury and IB Corporate Finance.
After going through the CIBIF program, a student will be ready to work in a Global IB firm as he/she will have an in-depth understanding of Global Capital Markets, Complex Trading Activities, Financial Control, Regulatory and Compliance Reporting, and Treasury across the broad spectrum of IB divisions.
Some of the key responsibilities of a Corporate International Finance Professional would be:
- To safeguard the firm's assets across complex trading structures.
- To manage the firm’s liquidity, secured and unsecured funding requirements, balance sheet reporting and analysis from entities and subsidiaries to group holding companies.
- To protect the firm's capital against counter party default and creates a strong risk management framework.
- To look after the firm’s relationships with regulators, rating agencies and creditors and provide a broad analytical and regulatory compliance support across all IB businesses.
- To ensure that the firm complies with the tax laws of the countries it operates in.
- To provide meticulous knowledge and understanding across areas such as Front Office, Legal, Compliance, Operations & Technology.