Immediately after graduation, the accounting and finance certifications are validations of your skill set and a big leap towards your career goals. Continued learning is also essential to ensure you stay abreast of the latest best practices, techniques, technological advancements and market trends. Here are some of the best certifications in accounting.
The top accounting certifications
Depending on your career plan, resources, specialization choices, and eligibility here you can choose your certification. These have different prerequisites in terms of educational background, experience, and examinations taken to be finally added on to your resume.
All of them provide you with a well-defined skill set meant to ensure you are industry ready and have the required skill sets.
Take a look at these three corporate accounting certifications oriented to give your resume and career a boost.
• CPA- Certified Public Accountant validated by AICPA
• Chartered Global Management Accountant granted by AICPA and CIMA
• Certified Management Accountant sponsored by IMA.
• A financial analyst course
• The financial analysis prodegree by ey
For a career as a financial analyst, these five certifications are globally recognized for financial and banking services.
• Chartered Financial Analyst by the CFA Institute
• Certified Financial Services Auditor by the CFSA for risk, audit, and fraud management careers
• Certified Internal Auditor validated by IIA for managers and audit experts.
• Certified Fraud Examiner by the ACFE
• Certified Government Auditing Professional accredited by the CGAP
These two certifications are for accountants with IT careers.
• Certified Information Systems Auditor granted by CISA
• Certified Information Technology Professional by AICPA
The importance of certification
Here are some of the obvious benefits:
• Certification theory upgrades and revises your knowledge with updated information
• Certification is an eclectic blend of the necessary theoretical and practical skills required. Certification is a tool to upskill the experienced employees which are today crucial to further growth
• Certification is a validation of your practical skills
For the fresh graduates:
- Certifications give you a unique standing. Certification validates the point that you are industry ready and have both the conceptual and practical skills required
- A certification enhanced resume stands up for itself. HR Managers and screening assessors of your resume treat certification as necessary validation for the job. It adds the professional touch
For working professionals:
- Growth opportunities abound with the scaling up of certification. The process of certification allows you to touch base with new developments and revises what you have not practised on for ages.
- Certification empowers you. It validates your skills and tells the world you have the practical skills of an ace in your field.Cons:
- Certification may not give you a salary advantage. It can keep you in the race and increase possibilities for you.
- Certification is no guarantee of a job. It cannot guarantee you have the skills required for the job on hand.
- Certification is not the criteria of selection. Skill is when it comes to the final assessment. Performance is the only consideration.
If you have the inclination towards a career in the financial field, then a financial analyst certified course is a good choice for you.
We offer financial analysis courses at our centers in Mumbai, Thane, Pune, Delhi, Ahmedabad.
Also Read: Top 3 Skills For Financial Analyst