What Are An Interesting Careers To Explore In Big Data?
Big Data is no longer a future capability but is already in use in a variety of sectors and industries. Some of the uses are as diverse as taxis in Sweden using data to cut back on traffic and emissions to Barcelona building a smart city based on data and farmers worldwide using data to reinvent farms. The benefits of Big Data applications and data-driven strategies have thrown open the doors to a variety of careers which are satisfying, always in demand and pay very well.
Doing a big data course is one of the best options to hone your skills on the current demands of the emerging technologies in Big Data and allied fields like machine learning, artificial intelligence, deep learning, and neural networks among others.
Let us explore the top careers and the requirements to make a career in this lucrative area. Salaries are as reported in Payscale.
- DATA SCIENTIST: These are the experts who produce meaningful insights and work with Big Data volumes using their technical and analytical skills to clean, parse and prepare data sets from which an analyst can apply algorithms to get business insights. Their salary is in the range of 65,000 to110,000 USD.
- BIG DATA ENGINEER: These engineers evaluate, build, maintain, develop, and test big data solutions created by solutions architects. Their salaries lie between 100,000 to 165,000 USD.
- DATA ENGINEER: The engineer is responsible for data architecture and the continuous data flow between applications and servers. Their salary range is 60,0945 to124,635USD.
- ML- SCIENTIST: They work with adaptive systems and algorithm development and research. They explore Big Data and train the big data course to automatically extract trends and patterns used in demand forecasting and product suggestions. The average ML scientist’s salary is 78,857 to124,597 USD.
- DEVELOPER-DATA VISUALIZATION: These people are responsible for the development, design, and production of interactive data-visualizations. They are the artists who bring to life reusable graphic/data visualizations. Their technical expertise is valued and the salary range is 108,000 to130,000 USD.
- SPECIALIST- BUSINESS ANALYTICS: This specialist assists in testing, supports various activities, performs research in business issues, develops cost-effective solutions and develops test scripts. Their salary range is 50,861to 94,209 USD.
- BI- ENGINEER: These engineers have business intelligence data analysis expertise and set up queries, reporting tools etc while maintaining the data warehouses. Their expertise earns salaries in the range of 96,710 to138,591 USD.
- SOLUTION ARCHITECT- BI: These architects deal with solutions that aid sensitive timely decisions for businesses. The salary range for this role is 107,000 to162,000 USD.
- SPECIALIST- BI: These people also are from the BI area and support the framework across the enterprise. The salary range for these is in the range of 77,969 to128,337 USD.
- ML ENGINEER: This important aspect of ML develops solutions aiding machines to self-learn and autonomously run without human supervision. ML engineer’s draw a salary of 96,710 to138,591 USD.
- ANALYTICS MANAGER: This manager deals with the design, configuration, support and implementation of analysis tools and solutions from huge transaction volumes. Their salary range is 83,910 to134,943 USD.
- STATISTICIAN: These people are tasked with gathering, displaying and organizing numerical data used to make predictions and spot trends. The salary range for this role is 57,000 to 80,110 USD.
The skills required:
The basic attributes required for these jobs is:
- Knowledge of Apache Hadoop, NoSQL, SQL, Spark, and other general-purpose programming languages.
- Skills honed in a regular big data analytics course.
- Adept in ML, data mining, quantitative analysis, data visualization and statistical inferences.
- Personality attributes like being a team player who is adroit in creative and analytical thinking, innovative approaches and creative problem-solving.
The importance of certifications:
Certifications endorse your skills and validate that you have the knowledge to practically apply your skills. Certifications in the below subjects will stand you in good stead when at interviews and improve your career prospects. Do go in for certifications in
- Hadoop, SAS
- Microsoft Excel
- Python, R, and the Java suite
- Pandas, MongoDB
- Apache Spark, Scala, Storm, Cassandra, etc
- MapReduce, Cloudera, and HBase
- Pig, Flume, Hive, and Zookeeper.
It is best to do the big data course at Imarticus Learning as they train you to be career-ready with skills on the latest technologies like the ones mentioned above. Their certification is well-accepted in the industry. So, why wait? Start on your career journey today!