Think You Can't Master AI? Learn Artificial Intelligence from Scratch
There aren’t many fields in today’s world that are as interesting and entertaining as AI or artificial intelligence. Moreover, the segment is booming now and growing at a pace not understood before. Innovation and the introduction of new technologies are helping to fuel this fire, along with its widespread application in almost every walk of life. So, if you are wondering how to become an AI engineer, then you are at the right place; keep reading.
What is Artificial Intelligence?
Before moving on to the topic of how to become an AI engineer, it is useful to learn more about the field itself. Artificial intelligence has been built to simulate the tasks that can be associated with human intelligence. AI solves real-life problems by using both supervised and unsupervised computer programs. The AI models use large data sets to learn how humans would behave while trying to complete a particular task, and then they would spend time learning, perfecting, and doing it without any human intervention.
The field of AI includes:
- ML or machine learning
- DL or deep learning
- NLP or natural language processing,
Applications of Artificial Intelligence
Most AI applications can be bifurcated as either strong or weak.
- Narrow or Weak AI: The automated computer systems recognise patterns in large sets of data, and then after observing and learning them, they accomplish the respective task. Examples of narrow or weak AI include recommender systems in Netflix and YouTube or any other streaming platform, smart speakers or Chess bots. This system can adapt to inputs, but they are unable to perform something that is out of its given parameters. However, they have wide usage in many microservices and several macro services.
- Strong AI: It is also called Artificial General Intelligence, and it finds a lot of applications in the field of robotics. This AI is reserved for the longer term and is mostly in the stage of infancy. This part of AI is mostly used to create control and prediction models.
Why Learn Artificial Intelligence?
Why should you learn artificial intelligence? AI is one of the most exciting fields in the Computer Science stream. Moreover, it is also at the fore of discovering solutions to real-world problems that are making our lives hard-pressed. This system is learning and offering solutions in almost every walk of human life.
So, the demand for capable professionals is on the rise and will continue to rise in the coming days. So, being well-versed in this field will help you get employed in some of the leading organisations in the world.
What Does an AI Engineer Do?
An AI engineer does a lot of things as their responsibilities and roles vary based on the industry they are employed in. But speaking generally, AI engineers are capable of developing systems or apps which help to quicken the decision-making process and enhance it by considering all the factors and turning it into an efficient protocol-driven method.
AI engineering is, in its entirety, a complex task which can:
- Achieve the objectives it has been assigned
- Use logic for solving problems and performing an analysis of the probability of achieving success and incorporate that into the machine learning model
- Direct and monitor projects that are being developed by analysing systems
- Comprehension and application of best practices in data mining, processing of data recognition of speech and robotics
How to Become an AI Engineer?
If you wish to become an AI engineer, then it would be advisable to start by developing a background in Python programming and having a strong grasp of the basics. While you are studying Python, you need to master libraries like Matplotlib, Jupyter, Pandas, Numpy, and Scikit. Make sure you have performed some neural network programming projects of your own.
At the same time, you should also strengthen your mathematical abilities, as AI and ML require mathematical aptitude as well as awareness regarding some mathematical concepts. Therefore, you should choose pre-engineering or non-medical after the 10th class.
Additionally, you need to build your skills in data structure and algorithms and relational database technologies like SQL and NoSQL. There are certain other in-depth applications as well.
After clearing 10th and 12th-grade studies, focus entirely on getting admission in a graduate program that offers Data Science, Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning as a major. Or you could opt for it after graduation as well as take it up as a PG course. After that, you can spend time building AI and ML projects to gain practical experience in industrial-level projects.
The IIT AI ML course
Imarticus Learning has created a course exclusively for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning enthusiasts in partnership with E and ICT (Electronic and Information Communication Technology) Academy at IIT Guwahati. This certification course in artificial intelligence and machine learning is taught by world-class faculties of the IIT, helping you get better exposure.
To sum up, if you wish to learn artificial intelligence from scratch, it is not a challenge anymore. There are courses available online, like the one from Imarticus Learning and ample study material that will help you better understand the concepts and resolve any confusion you have. Also, with ample job opportunities, you can easily find employment to gain relevant work experience.