IIM Calcutta commences its Executive Development Certification Programme in Investment Banking and Capital Markets from April 2022. Notably, IIM Calcutta is recognized as one of the world’s foremost institutes in the discipline of finance. It ranks above world-renowned institutions like the London School of Economics, Aalto University, and Manchester Business School.
A course in investment banking and capital markets from IIM Calcutta will be one of the finest of its kind. The course is offered in collaboration with Imarticus, enhancing the efficacy and effectiveness of the 12-month program.
Effectiveness Through Course Content
The IIM Investment Banking course certification needs the completion of three foundation modules, including financial economics, financial accounting and analysis, and financial management, as well as seven advanced modules covering:
- Debt capital markets (debt financing and valuation, debt origination and structuring, credit appraisal, and loan portfolio management)
- Equity capital markets (equity financing and valuation, equity origination, underwriting, and issuance mechanisms)
- Mergers, acquisitions, and restructurings (various aspects of advisory business such as corporate restructurings, merger and acquisition deal-making and valuation, takeover tactics, and leverage financing)
- Portfolio fund management (investment analysis and portfolio management such as portfolio theory and asset pricing models, factor investing, private equity and alternate investments and portfolio investment strategies)
- Securities market research and valuation (securities market research and valuation such as industry analysis, cash flow estimation, corporate valuation, and industry analyst research report evaluation)
- Securities market sales and trading (securities market research and valuation such as industry analysis, cash flow estimation, corporate valuation, and industry analyst research report evaluation)
- Securities market regulations (securities market regulations pertaining to security market issuances and security issuers, capital market investors and regulators, market infrastructure institutions, and corporate governance mechanisms)
The program equips you with knowledge of the recent developments in capital markets, their regulation, and compliance, deepening your expertise in capital markets. It imparts you with skills to function in an advisory capacity for individuals seeking to invest and grow their wealth.
Effectiveness Through Course Delivery
The investment banking and capital markets certification come only after the successful completion of the program with continuous assessment of imbibed learning and skills. There are two three-day immersive on-campus schedules, one each towards the start and the end of the program when you interact with your faculty and network with fellow participants. Fintech and blockchain, bitcoins and cryptocurrencies, financial risk management, sustainability and impact financing, etc., are part of the on-campus schedule.
The IIM Calcutta Capital Market course gets you to work on real-world projects and case studies. These give you an overview of investment banking and capital markets, simultaneously, inculcating the technical skills necessary for an advisor and investment banker.
How do You Become Effective After The Certification?
On completion of your executive program in investment management – IIM Calcutta Investment Banking and Capital Market course, you would have acquired:
- The skill of correct valuation of financial products such as equities and derivatives
- Understanding of the role of risk in portfolio choice
- Knowledge of how international financial markets function
- The role of adverse selection and moral hazard problems on the informational irregularities within financial markets
- The skills necessary to help you manage portfolios based on the requirements of your customers
Armed with a certificate from IIM Calcutta as your passport, you move on to the fast-track to growth as an investment banker, analyst, and advisor.
Your flourishing career is the effectiveness of the IIM Calcutta Investment Banking and Capital Markets certification program.