Management Development Programme on Operational Risk ManagementFebruary 2, 2016
by Zenobia Sethna
Imarticus Learning held an exclusive Management Development Programme on Operational Risk Management in Mumbai on 21st and 22nd January, 2016 for senior management in Operational Risk.
This risk management course delivered an intensive, methodical and practical understanding of operational risk management in financial institutions. At the end of the workshop, participants were equipped with world-class knowledge to develop and implement end to end global best practices, frameworks and platforms in operational risk management.
The Key Topics that were covered were:
- Designing and implementing an effective operational risk management platform
- Executing an operational risk assessment and measurement program
- Capturing, reporting and investigating operational risk events
- Producing meaningful Risk MI including KRI data and trend analysis
- Implementing operational risk appetite
- Best practice models and methodologies for operational risk management
The Case Studies covered in the Workshop were:
- A leading full service commercial and investment bank headquartered in Asia
- A major German bank with significant presence in Asia
- A major global futures exchange based out of Asia
Participants comprised a diverse mix of senior management from leading banks and financial institutions including Cognizant, Yes Bank, ICICI Bank, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, and Reliance Capital.
About the Speaker: Dr. Chakravarty’s global reputation and experience in risk management and Risk control spans over 22 years and senior leadership positions in top tier international banking and financial institutions across wall street, Europe and Asia. A specialist in risk management at Bankers Trust New York (now Deutsche Bank), Bank Boston (now Bank of America Merrill Lynch) and GE Capital in the US, he was an early developer of stress testing and scenario analysis methodologies and one of the investment banking industry’s first implementers of RAROC.
Stay tuned to know more about the upcoming MDP workshops by Imarticus.