How Do I Start Learning Java From ScratchJuly 30, 2019
Quick adaptations by ever-evolving technologies cater to organizational requirements and need full-stack capability to juggle between practical skills, multi-tasking capacities, and domain knowledge for the full-stack developer to suggest practical solutions.
Java is a programming language not difficult to learn and popular as an application layer. To learn java from scratch can be easy if you have some programming knowledge though you do not require experience to learn Java coding.
Full Stack Developer Handles the Layers of
•Presentation and applications at Front end layer.
• Logic at the Backend layer
• Multi-tasking at the sub-layers of data.
Learning Java starts with the following few steps.
Step 1: Start and ignore Java critics:
If you’ve picked Java as your choice of programming language, it is based on the kind of applications you plan to work on. Java has the largest community and has of recent become the most popular programming language. So, start to learn java and ignore the critics.
Step 2: Install Eclipse IDE and Java:
The learning curve of Java SDK may be painstakingly slow for beginners. But when combined with IDE an integrated development environment is created which helps you learn effectively and quickly. Eclipse scores as the best IDE for Java and is absolutely free to use or download.
How to install Java SDK
– Click on the Java Download Page
– Chose the Download “JDK” option.
How to install Eclipse
– Click on the Eclipse Download Page
– Chose the Download option for “Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers”.
– Download to a folder and unzip it.
Step 3: Learn Java basics:
Start learning the basic Java methodology and concepts. To learn java basics you can also use a good e-book or the free tutorials available online, on YouTube etc. Once you are familiar with the basics you can move on to the more advanced topics.
Some key topics you must concentrate on are
• Why is Java an independent platform and how it runs on operating systems like Windows, Mac and Unix.
• The Object-Oriented-Programming-OOP-Concepts including abstraction, polymorphism, inheritance, encapsulation, and containment.
• Learn about the JVM-Java Virtual Machine and it’s working.
• Gain proficiency in data types and some of the java.lang classes like Math, String, http://java.io stream concepts, System and such.
• Spend time understanding the framework of the Java Collection.
• Try a few hackathons like Kaggle and coding competitions to help test and evaluate your progress in Java programming skills.
Step 4: Read online e-books from Java experts:
Start with reading e-books penned by expert Java professionals and programmers. Try Thinking in Java and such books.
Step 5: Create Applications:
To learn java one must practice in Java. Learning the theory does not help. Try simple coding exercises in which your success will create motivation. Some simple logic exercises are
• Create a Fibonacci series.
• Compute the factorial of any number.
• Find prime numbers from 1 to 1000.
•Print a number in words (Ex:126 = One Hundred Twenty Six).
Also, try output and input tasks like
• Read a file and display its contents on the screen.
• List directory files.
• Create files by inputting content.
• Read the input from user on screen.
Attempt manipulation of String exercises like
• Find a string in large text.
• Replace string parts.
• Parse numbers from strings.
Who is a Full-stack Developer?
The technologies vary for ends, servers, layers, etc and the stack is a collection of such technological modules. Thus a full-stack developer combines the various sets of technologies to work together in sync with each other while producing accurate desired outcomes. The full-stack developer multi-tasks and copes with systems engineering, solutions for databases, servers etc which are client-facing. The various stacks depending on their applications are called native stack, web stack or mobile stack depending on client/ project requirements.
Job scope and payouts:
According to reports from Glassdoor the median range of salary for fresh full-stack developers is 19 to 21K Rs in India and 288 to 313K Rs with experience. The US average salary is 85,534 USD pa and for a Software Engineer. Upwork reports it at 98,460 USD pa. Reports from Stack Overflow-2016 study suggests a high demand for fullstack developers.
The very pace of changes in skills and technology required of a fullstack developer makes such developers a cheaper option than recruiting developers at different ends. These programmers and developers with Java proficiency become a jack-of-all-trades and a one-stop solution in web-based development of software applications.
To learn java enrol at a reputed institute like Imarticus Learning is important. Besides being the best-of-class online course to they offer soft-skill training, assured placements, and skill-oriented practical syllabi as key takeaways. The payouts are high and the small investment in learning Java can help you earn well. Act today!