The workshops are designed to deliver an intensive, systematic and practical understanding on a chosen topic. These workshops act as an intense crash-course into topics of current interest and you walk away with real tools, techniques and best practices you can apply on the job.
Our faculty is drawn from a diversified pool of experienced industry professionals and academicians. Their diverse backgrounds and vast experiences provide valuable inputs into the dynamic and challenging world of business.
The workshops blend a rigorous academic curriculum with practical application using real world business issues and case studies. Classroom learning is brought to life by hands-on exercises that demonstrate how you can apply the concepts in a holistic and integrated way.
Interact with your peers from different companies to broaden your horizon and expand your network. The workshops help in building professional acumen through extensive interactions among your peers.
The two-day workshops are priced attractively, and are inclusive of study material, lunch and refreshments.
WHAT IS FINANCIAL MODELING?
Financial Modelling is a tool that can be used to forecast a picture of a security or a financial instrument or a company’s future financial performance based on the historical performance of the entity. Financial Modelling includes preparation of detailed company specific models which are then used for the purpose of decision making and performing financial analysis. It is nothing but constructing a financial representation of some, or all, aspects of the firm or given security.
The applications of Financial modelling are limitless and is used extensively in Corporate Finance across various roles like M&A, Private Equity, Equity Research, Business Analysis, Business Modeling, Start Ups, Budgeting, Financial Control and Financial Operations. Increasingly, financial modeling is also used for corporate budgeting, business planning, project finance, investment analysis and risk management.
GROWING DEMAND FOR FINANCIAL MODELLERS
Financial Modelling is a versatile and highly sought after skill set that helps you develop a fast-paced career path, which is both financially and professionally rewarding.
Speak to a Career Advisor
Fill the details!
Our exclusive, 2-day hands-on workshop on financial modelling is designed for budding and experienced financial professionals to improve your ability to construct, review or analyse financial models at all levels. The workshop provides comprehensive coverage of key financial modelling concepts, including best practices in modelling, key financial concepts and advanced MS Excel concepts.
During this workshop, you will learn to:
- Understand the importance and impact of financial models in business decision making
- Become proficient in creating business plans
- Analyse business opportunities and long term projects
- Learn Excel modelling for analysing, valuing & forecasting different companies
- Build a financial model that is robust and provides dynamic projections from scratch
- Understand how to deal with the actual difficulties in such analysis
- Prepare financial research snapshots and evaluate different sectors
- Analyse a company from multiple standpoints: operations, investment, financing and valuation
- Apply industry best practice in creating business plans and models that are user friendly, robust and easy on the eye
- Learn to perform “What-if” analysis
- Learn to present the model output using powerful dashboards
We believe in ‘Learning by Doing’ and place utmost importance to practical, real-world knowledge and hands-on learning.
Participants work in groups to complete 3 case studies of Indian and global companies to provide real-world context.
Participants work in groups to complete exercises which fosters team work
Participants learn from the faculty and their peers through sharing of experiences and insights
Participants will be given an assessment at the end of each day
Viswanathan is a Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) holder and a Chartered Accountant with over 11 years of experience in a wide variety of roles and functions including financial modeling and valuation, project finance, equity research, consulting, corporate finance, talent management and training.
Having worked at organizations of differing sizes including large organizations such as Citigroup and Ford as well as small organizations such as The Smart Cube, he brings unique and varied organizational perspectives. During this time at ThinkEquity, he built more than 20 financial models for equity valuation covering various sectors including IT infrastructure, software and business services; while at SmartCube, he led a team of 8 members on a financial modelling project for a major global financial services firm. He has also served as AVP- Training at Citigroup Global Markets.
He is also associated with TAPMI Business School and Manipal University as a visiting faculty. He is also a highly sought after training for various corporates like Tres Vista, Cognizant, LIC Nomura, Tata Sky, Mahindra Comviva, Shapoorji Pallonji, and Smart Cube.
He also holds the FRM designation and graduated in Commerce from Loyola College, Chennai.
To enroll for this workshop, please click below:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
PRE-REQUISITES : The participants in the program are expected to have basic working knowledge of MS Excel. There are no other pre-requisites.
BATCH: Mumbai [25th & 26th March] and Bangalore [1st & 2nd April]
LOCATION: Mumbai & Bangalore
FEES: Rs. 15000+ Applicable taxes inclusive of tuition and study material. Lunch & refreshments will be served at the venue.
What is an EDP?
Why are EDPs necessary?
What is the difference between a MDP and an EDP?
What is the duration of the program?
What is the format of the program?
How many participants will be there in each workshop?
I like the program, but the price is too high. What can I do?
Speak to a Career Advisor
- I have been working with Vishwanathan on our Corporate Finance and Modelling programs here at Imarticus for over 2 years now. I find his knowledge on financial modeling and valuation, project finance and equity research to be exceptional. His training sessions are very interactive and are a complete package of knowledge, domain experience, industry case studies, and hands-on exercises. Highly recommended trainer for certifications in Modelling and Valuations.
- Vishwa could simplify complex concepts for the audience by relating to real life examples in professional world. He could connect very well with audience due to his personable nature. Normally training sessions are very single dimensional and bookish in nature but Vishwa converts his training into very collaborative sessions, where participants learn out of each other’s work experience and knowledge. An enriching experience.