The workshops are designed to deliver an intensive, systematic and practical understanding on a chosen topic. These workshops act as an intense crash-course into topics of current interest and you walk away with real tools, techniques and best practices you can apply on the job.
Our faculty is drawn from a diversified pool of experienced industry professionals and academicians. Their diverse backgrounds and vast experiences provide valuable inputs into the dynamic and challenging world of business.
The workshops blend a rigorous academic curriculum with practical application using real world business issues and case studies. Classroom learning is brought to life by hands-on exercises that demonstrate how you can apply the concepts in a holistic and integrated way.
Interact with your peers from different companies to broaden your horizon and expand your network. The workshops help in building professional acumen through extensive interactions among your peers.
The two-day workshops are priced attractively, and are inclusive of study material, lunch and refreshments at a reputed hotel.
November 2016, Mumbai
Managing Risk in Uncertain Times
In our increasingly competitive business environment, risk management faces new demands and challenges. In response to the spate of recent financial crises, regulators are insisting on ever more detailed data and increasingly sophisticated reporting.
Do you want to meet regulatory requirements for credit risk? Or do you want to go beyond the requirements and improve your business with your credit risk models? If your credit risk is managed effectively, you should be able to do both.
Managing Credit Risk
Big Data Analytics as a Risk Management Strategy
Big Data represents the future of risk management. Big Data technologies can help Risk teams gain better intelligence, drawn from a variety of data sources, in almost real-time. Time is a critical factor in reacting to risks, and if you can react faster to dynamic risk factors, you have a competitive advantage.
The Financial Services sector is particularly vulnerable to various kinds of risks, threats and crimes that cost billions of dollars each year, not to mention damages to their reputation. Join us to learn more about how Big Data can help you manage credit risk in our power-packed 2-day executive development program!
Prevention is Better
Our power-packed 2-day management development program is designed to deliver a comprehensive, multi-faceted understanding of Big Data and credit risk analytics and how they can be successfully applied to mitigate risks in Financial Services firms. Participants will learn about tools, techniques and best practices for building risk models and applying Big Data analytics to manage and mitigate credit risk.
CRITICAL LEARNING OUTCOMES:
This workshop will enable participants to:
- Understand the different types of risks in the financial sector
- Design and evaluate a risk model
- Understand the typical variables in credit risk models
- Understand different ways to model a credit risk portfolio
- Appreciate how Big Data technologies can help manage risk
- Build risk management models using Big Data
- Appreciate the regulatory framework for credit risk management
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND?
- Comprehensive pre-workshop podcast
- Exclusive course material for future reference
- Case study-driven learning methodology
- Assessments to check your learning and assess your progress
- Course certificate and full course report
We believe in ‘Learning by Doing’ and place utmost importance to practical, real-world knowledge and hands-on learning.
Participants will learn about and work on case studies from global markets to help them gain practical understanding of real world issues. Cases include:
- Understanding home loan mortgage defaulters and risk modeling for a bank’s interest income
- Calculation of a banks RWA, off balance sheet exposures and capital ratio requirement
- Using a derivative (Forward contract) price of gold to find the CVA involved and EE calculations
- Several real life examples of Wrong Way risk from crude oil, exporter/importers etc.
- How proper usage of Big Data saves banks millions of dollars in credit risk each year
- Usage of the Hadoop framework for Big Data and risk management for bank customer
- How different kind of swaps cause counter party default risks and how to mitigate them
The workshop is power-packed with real-world case studies to give real-world context and practical understanding
Participants work in groups to complete exercises which fosters team work
Participants learn from the faculty and their peers through sharing of experiences and insights
Discussions based on real life practical examples and case studies, followed by Q&A to clarify doubts
Manish Jalan is the Managing Director and Co-founder of Samssara Capital Technologies LLP, running one of India’s leading and most successful quant based asset management firm. He is also a managing partner at SGAnalytics (India’s 2nd largest KPO in Credit Risk Finance domain), where he works with leading Retail Banks and I-Banks in the areas of credit risk management. He specializes in design and development of risk models which are used by the Banks to manage their Credit portfolios. He is a consultant in BASEL related regulation and works with major international banks in implementation of Dodd-Frank, CCAR and other important credit risk management models for the banks.
Manish has worked in the area of Big Data analytics with major financial institutions in the areas of risk management. He has developed several analytical solutions pertaining to credit risk calculations which leverage Big Data as inputs. He is proficient in Hadoop framework to handle Big Data and has been a seasoned consultant with major Investment and Retail banks in the implementation of Big Data models and solutions.
Prior to being in India, Manish was a Quantitative Portfolio Manager in Tokyo, with Merrill Lynch for over 4 years where he played a vital role in the development and implementation of various risk management models in forwards and counter party risk factors.
Manish has done his B.Tech and M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Bombay and is an alumnus of DPS RK Puram, New Delhi.
To enroll for this workshop, please click below:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
DATE: November 2016; 9 AM to 5 PM
LOCATION: Orchid Hotel, 70-C, Nehru Path, Vile Parle East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400099.
FEES: Rs. 30,000/- + taxes, inclusive of tuition and presentation material. Lunch & refreshments will be served at the venue. Early bird discount of 10% for registrations before November 2016
What is an EDP?
Why are EDPs necessary?
What is the difference between a MDP and an EDP?
What is the duration of the program?
What is the format of the program?
How many participants will be there in each workshop?
I like the program, but the price is too high. What can I do?
Speak to a Career Advisor
- Manish is one of the smartest and most industrious quants i have come across. He knows exactly what his strengths are and leverages them to the hilt. And his latest venture is a testimony to the conviction and confidence he has – rare commodities in the financial markets.