Certified Investment Banking Operations Professional
The CIBOP (Certified Investment Banking Operations Professional) program at Imarticus is designed for careers in the operations, treasury and clearing functions within an investment bank. After completing the comprehensive program at Imarticus, you will gain an in-depth knowledge of global Investment Banking and Capital Markets.
Your learning in Operations will include a comprehensive coverage of trade lifecycle processes in the areas of derivatives and securities with a truly global outlook. In addition, you will gain an in-depth understanding of each product and its workings from an operations perspective.
Operations and domain training will be complemented with a personal development program, ensuring that the candidate is well-prepared for the corporate world. CIBOP is created in conjunction with industry experts to ensure a curriculum that is relevant and timely. The program will also have a multitude of guest lecturers that will provide students’ ample opportunities to interact with experienced senior professionals.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will receive the industry endorsed CIBOP certification and the CISI certified IOC (Investment Operations Certificate). Both of these well-recognized certifications will equip you for a highly rewarding career within Investment Banking.
Detailed Securities / Derivatives Product and Industry Knowledge
End to End Functional Learning
In-depth coverage of Operational Risk, with scenario analysis.
Case Studies & Job-Specific Examples
- Treasury &
- Risk &
- Global Projects
- Trading and financing
- Assists in coordination of new issuance products
- Manage key relationships for the bank
- Onboarding of institutional and prime brokerage clients
- Supports complex products across equity, fixed income, fx, credit and commodities
- Alignment with business
- Provides clearing and execution for all major trading products
- Facilitates custody services across continents over 100+ exchanges
Treasury & Collateral
- Manage the operational elements for daily funding and liquidity of the firm
- Oversee the firm’s treasury and payment strategy, overall cash flows and positions
Risk & Control
- Ensures the integrity of books and records
- Assessing regulatory requirements and interfacing with regulators frequently
- Regulatory reporting
Global Project Teams
- Drive and manage strategic and other reengineering projects across the operations and technology space
The investment banking Operations division is often described as the ‘complex engine room’ of the organization. Operations spans all product lines including Securities and Derivatives and is integral to all complex trades, transactions and product launches in an investment bank.
The Operations division implements and delivers new products as well as provides analytical and processing services that are timely, transparent and integrated. The teams build and maintain strong relationships across internal and external clients globally, as well as in the front office to offer exceptional service in a highly controlled, complex and competitive environment.
Operations is at the forefront of technological advancement and is constantly improving and adapting new businesses and complex products to ensure accurate and efficient execution of processing capabilities. It oversees many regulatory requirements of the bank like the newly introduced Volcker Rule-Dodd Frank Act & Basel 3 and mitigates key operational risk issues as well.
Working in Operations, you can expect to gain experiences that equip you with a rewarding career within the banking industry.
- Domain Expertise
- Leadership & Execution Skills
- Mobility & Global Exposure
- Bird’s eye View on Industry
A career in investment banking Operations helps you develop an in-depth knowledge of finance and investment banking and gain valuable experiences in managing complex products and business initiatives.
As an Operations investment banker, your influence and response to operational, market and product risks will build rewarding client relationships. Essentially, you will be a part of a highly skilled integrated global team that works alongside all areas of complex, fast-moving businesses.
Mobility opportunities in Operations are enormous. They provide better prospects of moving roles laterally across financial services, within the same company. For example, if you support core operations in an equities group, you could easily move across trade lifecycles or support a completely different asset class like fixed income.
A career in Operations exposes you to every facet of the bank – products, technology, trading desks or global management. This experience will help you to understand the whole bank and its inner workings.
- Career Changers – If you have worked for less than four years and wish for a change of career/industry
- Job Seekers in the Finance Industry
- Current Students pursuing MBA’s, M.Com, exceptional B.Com students, Bachelor and Masters degrees with Finance specializations/interests
- Investment Banking Lateral Movements
- Others (for those that are looking to enhance their CV and knowledge in the Financial Services space)
Imarticus follows a rolling admission procedure. Please click here to access the Student form. A student representative will be in touch with you within three days of receipt of this form.
CIBOP Excellence Program: 3.5 Month Program
CIBOP Fundamentals Program: 1.5 Month Program
Flexible Weekday and Weekend Programs.
Stepping into Investment Banks just got easier.
Imarticus Learning has now tied up with a premier financial firm AVANSE, to make easy education loans available for students.
Under mentioned, are the benefits of the tie ups for our prospect students :
Get in touch with us for any queries. The institute is open Monday – Saturday, from 10am to 7pm.
Mumbai: + 91 22 40792314/315
Bangalore: + 91 80 4169 7521
Chennai: + 91 44 42691466
5th floor, Raaj Chambers, Old Nagardas
Road, Andheri (E), Mumbai – 400 069
1st Floor, No. 471, 80 Feet Road, 6th Block, Koramangala, Bangalore 560095 Landmark: Opp BTS Bus Stand
2nd Floor, East West Centre
Opp Bata Showroom
Nelson Manickam Road